Friday, December 31, 2010

A Treatment

As a part of my work, sometimes I am asked to find stories.  If you've seen the videos on the Youth Mormon Message page you know that a lot of our videos are created based off real life stories and events.  When the Producer I work under goes to a location like Hawaii or Detroit for a cool story he's found he is often looking for other stories too.  It's more worth our budget if we film more than one story at one location.

When I find other stories, I have to create a treatment for them.  A treatment is a proposal for a story that has not yet been approved.  Once the treatment is approved we do further research and/or script, schedule, and budget the production.

Here is an example of a treatment I created a while ago.  This story was never actually followed through with.

No comments: